Works’ Covid-19 Policy
We are passionate about creating prosperous and connected communities. At the heart of our approach to this is the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff, members, customers and wider network. We have considered how to operate our core business and deliver the best experience with certainty, with the Covid-19 traffic light system.
We hope the policy will provide greater certainty and peace of mind for our members, guests and community as it will enable us to deliver our services as safely as possible, at all levels of the traffic light system. These are the measures we have put in place in each location to ensure our spaces are COVID-safe.
Some key things to note are:
- From 5th of April, 2022 Works (Saltworks & Millworks) will no longer require vaccine passes to be verified for entry to our sites.
- At Alert Level Red: Masks are mandatory in the kitchen and coffee areas and for visitors at all times.
- At Alert Level Orange & Green: Masks are recommended but not mandatory.
Our Commitment to you:
- Our team are sanitising all high touch areas multiple times a day.
- We have the covid tracer app QR codes posted.
- We have installed hand sanitisers throughout each location and ask that everyone sanitises their hands upon arrival and washes them regularly throughout the day.
- We kindly ask our members and staff to stay home if they’re feeling unwell, or are a household contact.
- If an employee, member or visitor becomes a confirmed or probable COVID-19 case, and has been at our spaces while potentially infectious, there are standard processes that will be followed in guidance with the MOH.
- Face masks are mandatory for visitors and everyone at all times while in the kitchen areas.
- Social distancing in place for relevant seating areas with reduced capacity across hotdesking.
Policy Updates & Contact Details:
Our policy will be reviewed to meet the needs of our members, keep our people safe, and adapt and respond to changes in the environment. We will also respond to any government mandates or consider new technologies, as required.
For more information, please contact [email protected] for general enquiries.
Thank you for your ongoing support of the Works, as always we value you and what it means for business in Canterbury.